Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Special Me?

The good side of FB is that you can keep in touch with all circles of friends, either old buddies, or newly met. You gets their life updates from email alert almost everyday. You can choose to be a passive observer of what is happening to your friends, or, which is with more fun, write them some comments. So this is one of the things I am doing with FB.

Sometimes, from all those pictures, videos, or comments, you will be really impressed at what your friends have done or achieved. I, who is supposed to burn midnight oil for my thesis, accidentally logged into my FB account few minutes ago. And have then stumbled on some great videos & pics of my friends, letting me know they are faring very well in their life. They are just so special. Some are talented, some are brilliant, or some are so socially active...

For a few seconds, I looked at myself. Why there is such a big difference between us? I couldn't say that my life sucks, but at least it is not that satisfying. I have not been tasting the joy of achievement for a while and getting used to seeing myself as a loser.

I know, of course I know, everyone is special. It could be in a good or bad way though. But sometimes I just look down on me for being so messed up with my life lately. Frankly, I think I have lost grip of my own life. I am unmotivated and low in confidence now, like a tiny helpless boat drifting aimlessly in the sea of misery. I am hoping for a compass!

Can I catch up with what I have already trailed far far behind? Can I finally get rid of this irritating negative mood? Time would tell, and I have a feeling it's not far from now that I could tell about that.

I should probably go for a cup of instant mee now, to kill my hungriness. Despite all the grumbles, I think, I am still a quite special one.... =)

No comments: